Hindus Of Georgia (aka HiPAC) is an independent, non-partisan political action committee for the Hindu American community of Georgia. HiPAC’s mission is to identify and support state level as well as some federal level candidates who are committed to religious freedom, civil and human rights, and other Hindu American interests. HiPAC is committed to building a strong, effective, and respected Hindu-American voice in Georgia and across the country.
What are our objectives
• Protect and promote the religious liberty and civil rights of Hindu Americans.
• Educate the candidates on the issues and concerns of the Hindu community like Hinduphobia
• Educate the candidates and other elected officials on various India-related activities
• Promote other policies impacting the broader interests of Hindu Americans.
What kind of candidates does HiPAC consider endorsing?
Candidates who will publicly state support for the following policy positions shall be eligible for our endorsement:
• Condemn all acts of hatred, prejudice, bias, Hinduphobia and bigotry targeted against Hindus, especially when it is brought to the attention of the candidate and take remedial measures when elected to office
• Promote and support policies and actions that will foster better relations between Georgia and India, especially in areas of trade and commerce
• Provide unconditional support that would protect the unity and territorial integrity of India,
• Endorse, support and initiate legislative measures intended to effectively combat terrorism, persecution and discrimination that impacts Hindus, especially in South Asia
• Support all efforts to implement fair and equitable treatment of the culture, beliefs, customs, practices and history of Hindus in public educational institutions
• Support fair and equal treatment of Hindus, at par with all other religious communities in all areas of civic and political life
• Provide opportunities to Hindus in the campaign, office employment opportunities, including appointments to Boards, Commissions and Taskforces
• Support all measures to combat racism and bigotry in America, and
• Be part of Hindu cultural celebrations and collaborate and foster friendship between elected officials and Hindu American communities